VIDEO HACK DAY RULES:
All participants in Video Hack Day must abide by the following rules. Anyone who breaks these rule will be ineligible for prizes and may not be allowed to present their hack.
Rules regarding hacks:
- Code, Design, SFX, Music, etc — To ensure a level field for all contestants, all code, design, art, music, SFX, and assets must be created during the duration of the hackathon. We want to ensure that all participants start off on the same footing and we also want to preserve the true nature of a hackathon. You are, however, free to make plans, create wireframes, and brainstorm prior to the event. The only exception to this rule would include material that is freely available to the public. Some examples of this would be: public domain images, creative commons music, open source libraries. We take this rule very seriously for the sake of all members attending the event. Failure to comply may result in the offending team's disqualification.
- APIs, Services, and Open Source — The exception to the above rule is that you are encouraged to use 3rd party services, APIs, open source projects, libraries, and frameworks. Let's face it, we need all the help we can get during the hectic event.
- Your hack must use at least one of the sponsoring APIs.
- Your hack must be functional. All hack presentations must display a demo of your hack in action.
- Keep it classy — racist, sexist, or otherwise offensive hacks may not be allowed to present. We don’t want to stifle anyone’s creativity, but we also want to foster a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming environment. If it’s your dream to create the world’s most offensive hack, please reach for the stars after this hackathon.
- Ownership — All teams retain full ownership of what they have created during the Hackathon.
Rules regarding conduct:
- Be respectful of your peers throughout the day. If you’re being disruptive, you may be asked to leave the event.
- Treat the event space provided to us at General Assembly with respect. If anyone is caught stealing, vandalizing, or otherwise damaging the property, they will be asked to leave, and we may contact the authorities.